Home Inspection - What We Do
At PEOPLE'S CHOICE our job to look for those hidden problems for you. The Home Inspection is an unbiased, professional assessment of the condition of the house. It provides you an expert opinion and professional report on the condition of the physical structure and various systems within a house. Giving you peace of mind on what is likely the largest purchase you will ever make.
In order to prepare the report, an inspector must conduct a visual inspection of the house. The inspection process typically takes about 3 hours to complete. This of course may vary, according to the size and condition of the home. We strongly encourage you to accompany the inspector during the inspection. This will give you a chance to ask questions and become familiar with the systems of the home.
- Structural elements (foundation, building support systems)
- Interior (walls, ceiling, floors, attic, windows, stairways, hand railings, fireplaces, kitchen and appliances, insulation)
- Exterior (driveways, walkways, fences, gates, handrails, guardrails, yard walls, carports, patio covers, decks, building walls, fascia and trim, balconies, doors, windows, lights, and outlets)
- Plumbing systems (water supply, distribution piping, water heaters, fuel supply, drain/waste/vent piping, sinks fixtures, water flow/pressure)
- Heating and air conditioning systems (type, components, size, fuels, condition, functionality, approximate age, distribution, ventilation)
- Electrical systems (service supply, distribution, main/sub panels, outlets, switches, GFCI testing, grounding)
- Basements (foundation walls, cracks, crawl spaces, window wells, water penetration detection, floor joist, posts)
- Roofs (type, style, layers, quality installation)
Please watch our short 2 minute video below.
Why a Certified InterNACHI Inspector
- I am a member in good standing of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
- I adhere to the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
- I abide by the InterNACHI Code of Ethics.
- I stay up to date with the latest inspection techniques in the industry through Continuing Education.